The Information Technology Division provides faculty and staff access to podcasting via the USG Podcasting Server. The USG Podcasting Server provides an easy to use, consistent interface for faculty and staff who wish to begin podcasting. RSS coding, subscription buttons for your students, and usage statistics are automatically provided when using this service.
When creating a podcast for use with your course, be sure to follow copyright law when preparing your podcast. Here are some resources regarding copyright:
2) Click on “Southern Polytechnic State University”
3) Click “Request Podcasting Channel”
4) Click “No” in response to the question “Do you have SPSU podcasting account?”
5) Enter your information in the Request a New Podcasting Account and Channel form. **Please note, you must use your SPSU email address for your request to be processed. If you do not use your SPSU email address, the administrator will not receive your request.
6) Click the “Request Podcasting Account & Channel” located at the bottom of the web page.
7) A confirmation screen will appear to verify that you submitted the form.
After you have submitted your account/channel request, the administrator will process your request. If there are no problems with the account, you will receive an email informing you of your account activation.
The following podcast about podcasting with the USG server is an example of an enhanced podcast. Click the button below to subscribe to the podcast.